-
October 6th, 2006, 03:36 AM
#11
Inactive Member
the carpet is brand new and a hunter shade of green...the walls are white...the bed in there is an old 1900 iron bed...
any ideas for wall color? even just one accent wall?
oooooo cmon all of you invisible people.... help me
-
October 6th, 2006, 02:09 PM
#12
amandakathleen
Guest
Don't worry Chloe, I'm 22 and enjoy scrapbooking, knitting, and photography. *l*
Stupid expensive hobbies.
-
October 7th, 2006, 12:44 AM
#13
HB Forum Owner
Chloe , How about a nice light blue color ?
<font color="#f4f5f9" size="1">[ October 06, 2006 09:45 PM: Message edited by: petenv ]</font>
-
October 7th, 2006, 04:47 PM
#14
HB Forum Owner
hmmm... *thinks*... ya know... if you wanted to keep the carpet... and you want an accent wall... you could do one, a smaller wall... in maybe a lighter shade of rose or wine, and then texture paint over it? it's easy, all you have to do is paint the base color, not too dark of a color, because you're going to use a lighter color to texture, but a medium color, i guess, lol... not really light, or the texture won't show up, but not too dark... then you use either white, or oooh, you could even use a way lighter version of the darker color... and texture it over the darker color... i think it would be pretty... [img]smile.gif[/img] you could put a little table, or shelf in front of that wall with something that you like to collect, or maybe a picture group of something nice... you HAVE to make sure the dark paint is TOTALLY dry when you do it, or it will mix together with the texture... then take your lighter color, dab one side of a flat-type round sponge (not with the giant holes, a little smaller) into the paint... make sure it's not too thick, or it will look too heavy... then just randomly press it on the wall (lightly) here, there, wherever you want it to look textured... you can do a little or a lot, heavier, or lighter... you can always go back if you miss spots you see that you want to add some, as well. It's totally random, so there's no way you can mess it up... then it will attract attention to whatever it is you want to display on that wall... oooh, something with accents of the hunter green in it would be pretty too!
*lookin around all dissatisfied*... damn... now i wanna redecorate... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
October 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM
#15
Inactive Member
OoOO i did a taupe colour with a lighter taupe wash over it.... in my old place and i loved it.... it just hid the imperfections that every rental has in the wall surface and warmed up the room....
now....call me crazy.... but i might be switching which room i want to be my scraphaven [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
October 7th, 2006, 08:31 PM
#16
Inactive Member
this is so ghey... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
October 8th, 2006, 03:23 AM
#17
Inactive Member
yanoo pete...i might do a french blue
and get new carpet =)
-
October 8th, 2006, 09:51 PM
#18
Inactive Member
and Evo knows ghey ~lil smirk~
chlo weee i'm jealous you're going to have a craftyroom that's so cool!
-
October 8th, 2006, 11:24 PM
#19
HB Forum Owner
Nothing like having your very own space! YEAH
for you!
I have never had my own room for my
crafts or computer, but in this big ole house,
I have a 2 room bedroom, which the smaller outer
room is now my computer room, and with starting
my business last year, I turned my dining room
into a major crafting room! I had too...doing
gift baskets, cutting out wrappers, wrapping candy
bars, the whole works, I just didnt have enough
space in my computer room and my dining room had
a built in book shelf that worked wonderful for
all my baskets of craft stuff! It is all organized,
labeled and on a shelf, so whenever I want something,
I just go to my shelves, find the label and pull
out the basket! No more digging through boxes
of stuff HOPING I had what I was looking for!
Plus I had an extra table, so the dining table
was moved to our second living room, old table
was moved to dining room so I have a place to
paint, glue, and mess on without ruining my wooden
table!
If you lived closer, I would share my room with
you! I would love to see some of scrapbook
pages!
-
October 9th, 2006, 12:31 PM
#20
Inactive Member
ooooooooooo EVuh..smooCH...heyloooo [img]tongue.gif[/img]
and this is for EVo's softer side [img]wink.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks